Changing How We Teach and Learn With Handheld Computers shows how handheld computing can broaden the locales and communities in which students can grow in academic understanding. These tools enable students to collaborate and network while promoting the extension of learning beyond the time and space of a classroom. Carolyn Staudt a leading expert in technology integration gives educators practical applications through:
- Surefire learning activities in all content areas
- Resources for downloading student-friendly software
- Beaming and data sharing tips
- Step-by-step processes for manipulating and displaying data
- Field knowledge from classrooms already employing handhelds
Handheld devices are already a part of the students' world. Now educators can embrace this technology and create a powerful learning environment that leaves no student behind.Features
About the Author
- Authored - Carolyn Staudt.
- Author Affiliation - Concord Consortium Concord MA.
- Binding - Paperback.
- Pages - 184.
- Language - English.
- Publication Date - 07-Dec-04
- Primary Subject Code - Classroom Applications of Technology - CJ1.
- Item Weight - 14 oz.
Carolyn Staudt is a curriculum designer for technology- and Internet-based projects including Technology Enhanced Elementary and Middle School Science (TEEMSS 1 & 2) JASON Academy Modeling Across the Curriculum Models and Data Mobile Inquiry Computing Center for Innovative Learning Technologies (CILT) Science Learning in Context (SliC) Virtual High School Global Learning and Observations to Benefit the Environment (GLOBE) Kids as Global Scientists (KGS) and NetAdventure at the Concord Consortium.